New year is fast approaching and what other way to celebrate and to round up the holidays by noting some of my favourites? Today, I’ll be rounding up my picks throughout the year 2014. I have tried and tested these products on my own, and no doubt, they have been part of my daily routine and statements and so far, they have never failed me.
Printed Cosmetic Pouch from Jo & Jo Australia
Let us head on to the top 10 and the all-hail mainstay winner of my beauty product hoarding misadventures…
Starting from the 1st row, left to right ,in no particular order(numbered for your convenience) , (1) The Keratheraphy, Keratin-infused Argan Oil did wonders for my hair, especially that it was usually dry and brittle due to frequent colouring and wash, this oil kept my mane manageable, minus the sticky and/or oily residue I found from other brands. It is quite pricey vs other local and international brands I tried but this one was sure professional-grade Argan Oil (I purchased mine from Status Salon). I’ve been getting compliments on my shiny mane and hey, let us say thanks to this buddy right here.
(2) This OPI Nail Lacquer in Kyoto Pearl is part of OPI’s Soft Shades nail Lacquer Collection, well aside from the high quality of lacquer and brush for it (experience and apply the lacquer yourself), this soft tone gives off a slight shimmer and subtle cream colour that is flattering for any outfit and skin tone.
(3) The VMV Hypoallergenics Hydra Balance Moisturizer non-greasy, acne managing, fragrance-free and sets well with light make-up. I usually wear it with my BB cream with SPF 20 from Face Shop and they compliment well together. I don’t recommend this for people who put on much powder on or anything dry, it would usually build up if the skin doesn’t absorb the product enough. But if you’re in for moisturising and liquid/wet products, this one is for you!
(4) The Color Workshop Nail Polish set was given as a gift from the US. I chose the Teal, Matte Gold and Sequin Gold as my favourites! They all compliment each other when mashed up together with a good number of layers each. You can find a similar set via eBay.
(5) The VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Sport 70 Sunscreen was my buddy for the past few beach adventures I had, and lately, to school as well, especially on the foot area where I had those unwanted tan marks (This only proves we need sunscreen everyday, yes, even indoors). I’m miraculously saved in almost every sunny situation.
(6) The Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder was a better purchase versus the CANMAKE pressed powder since it blends right in with the skin with the right tone chosen. Lightweight and easy to use, I recommend this for fast and light makeup application or to be applied as finishing powder for heavier makeup using a kabuki brush.
(7) The Burt’s Bees Eye Cream with Royal Jelly + Baby Bee Kissable Cheeks Balm (not pictured) does wonders. I feel my skin area under the eye soften and get moisturized. I simply put these on and massage my under eye area to an upward motion. It was said to thicken the delicate tissue under the eyes. But I want to clarify, sleep is still an aspect to consider important to eliminate eye bags and dark circles. Same thing for the balm, usually as a touch up on the later hours of usage, its also applicable for the lips as well!
(8) Bath & Body Works French Lavender Honey scent is a combination of my two favourite things! The scent doesn’t come on too strong is not the generic smell from the selection of he brand. Ah, its indeed a fusion of romantic scents~
9) The Fresh & Clean Body Mist by Victoria’s Secret is far by my most favourite scent when body mists are concerned! It has a crisp smell but a soft and gentle after smell. I use usually use this for casual day outs and everyday use (I use Nenuco Baby Cologne before sleep).
(10) The Bene Tint (not pictures) will always be my daily companion. When I need my daily colour for my face (since i usually look pale or bland), a little bloom on the left and right cheek and inner sides of the lips wouldn’t hurt. The great thing about this shade is that it looks natural as intended.
I hope you liked my round up of beauty essentials for 2014! Just click on the links to redirect yourself to the shop and/or source! I have tried them myself and hope will try them yourselves! Will be posting more of my round ups for my year end posts. Keep an eye out!
What do you think? Comment down below and let’s talk about beauty~
S.S., signing out.